12.23.2011

Art-Inspired, Gabriel's Release Available!

Happy Holly Daze! 
The holidays are a great time to reflect on what has inspired your art. The inspiration for my Archangels Descending series was partly inspired by the work of other artists. Several years ago while purchasing a stunning archangel fantasy print (Ascension) by artist Ruth Thompson, I was also listening to an ebm/futurepop track called Darkangel by the group VNV Nation. That piece of music was released a long time ago, and so was Ms. Thompson's artwork, but art continues to inspire us as long as it is out in the world waiting to be appreciated by new admirers. That's what a good writer always hopes to do for her reader ... to stir or inspire emotion. Cezanne, the famous painter, once said
A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art. 

That's certainly true for me as a writer. If I don't feel intense emotions about my characters, their journey, or unique strengths, I can't write their story. 
My newest eShort, GABRIEL'S RELEASE, is a prelude to my Archangels Descending series, and I'm very excited to announce it just became available today, two days ahead of schedule -- just in time for any last minute eBook gifting! 
A huge thank you to all my readers for your support during my first year of publication. May 2012 be a healthy and prosperous year for us all. Wishing you all that's Green this holiday season and in the new year!
Roxy

2 comments:

  1. I like that quote from Cezanne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do I, thanks. It has been a favorite of mine since I discovered why it is that I write and why it is that we love to read. :) Merry Yule!

    ReplyDelete

Roxy on Facebook